Re: [Qref-dev]qref.sf.net Simple Chinese add

Jens, thanks for getting Chinese pages up!

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:25:48AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Great. Using index.zh_CN.php or index.zh-cn.php would be slightly better
> but index.pt.php also stands for pt_BR so it's OK.

Hmm, actually not, since zh_TW uses different glyphs and encodings than
zh_CN.  But until zh_TW people has their own page I think we can live
with it (my understanding is that many people in Taiwan reads simplified
Chinese better than English).

> I suggest you add the language name using latin characters in parentheses
> (similar to Nihongo) since I see only garbage. Please ensure also that the
> entry is properly sorted alphabetically.

I think the English page is broken now.  The English page uses
iso-8859-1 encoding, and all the Chinese charactors are displayed as
garbage (I believe they are GB encoding).  Both Japanese and Russkij
(Russian?) uses HTML entities like &#26085; so I suppose Chinese should
use similar things.

I know nothing about php or HTML entities though, so I probably can't
fix this myself.

Ming
2005.07.19