Re: KDE 3.0 and released languages

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 10:44:35PM +0100, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Like I said, as for the 3.0 release it is up to Dirk Mueller to decide
> if there is still time (and how much). But the sooner you come up with
> something the better I guess.
> >I have just downloaded kde-i18n-zh_{CN,TW}.tar.bz2 and I'll see
> >how much I can borrow from the CN team.  :-)
> Sounds like a good idea. ;-)

Okay, kdesktop.po is now 100% translated.  Just needed to clear some fuzzy
entries, and adapted some translations from Wang Jian's zh_CN kdesktop.po.
Took about 1.5 hours.  (Again, courtesy of ThizLinux Laboratory Ltd.
because they pay for the work I do.  ;-)

> Yes. Normal criteria are to have kdelibs.po and desktop.po fully
> translated and kdebase around 80%. The more the better of course. But
> we will about always include languages if the maintainer shows up and
> says "it's good enough for release" (or I need a release to actively
> recruit new translators). Main thing is that this stuff is continously
> and actively maintained and that there are clear responsibilities.

Hehe, it will help when everyone has upgraded to KDE 3.0 first.  :-)
Hope more users and vendors can join the effort.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling