Re: [DOC] Poorman's Chinese Type1 font for CJK-latex

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 06:11:21PM -0400, Hucheng CHEN wrote:
> 1、ttcjk已經轉向gs-cjk,由于我對gs+VFlib2實在不了解,所以還是選擇了gs+gs-cjk
> 來實現中文網頁打印。該死的RH7.1無法編譯gs6.50,我只好在一台Slackware上編譯好

The problem is that gs' way of including time.h does not fit very well
with newer glibc. Not only RH7.1, any distro using glibc >2.2.2(1?) will
be affected. There are many ways to fix this. I just replace all the occurrences
of "time_.h" with <time.h> and <sys/time.h>.

One thing I don't like the current version of gs-cjk is that it's painfully
slow. They changed to on the fly converting code to cid. Previously they
use a pre-converted resource. I did a test on gs6.5+gs-cjk-M1-R2, on the fly
conversion takes 50 seconds to start to load a page when run gs. When modify
it to use pre-converted table, only takes 11-12 seconds to do the same thing.
I guess we need to plea to them to revert back.

Another thing worth noting is that I tried to modify gs-cjk-M1-R2 to work
with gs7.0 and it seems working fine. The time to start download now drops
to 8 seconds. That's very encouraging progress!

> 一個討厭的問題還是如果打印frame過多的中文網頁會出現疊字現象,各位如果使用過
> VFlib2的話,是否存在這個問題?抑或是netscape本身的生成ps文件的問題?

Could you give a url where you suffer such problem?

Regards,
rigel