Re: 10.9 planning

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 05:18:43PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 04:14:31PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> In fact, how about: we *could* go ahead with the 10.9 point release as
>> already planned, and expect to do a 10.10 a couple of weeks later with
>> basically *just* the shim/SB changes? I'm OK to go with that option if
>> that's our preferred route as a group.
>>
>Is there actually a rush to get 10.10 out?  Are people eager to push out
>revocations?  Or can we do it on our normal cadence, some time in May or
>thereabouts, without adverse consequences?

There's a distinct push to try and get things out ASAP so we can fix
the revocation cycles killing EFI storage space. That's worrying a lot
of people. I don't have a good idea of the ETA for issuing that last
round of revocations, as that's a sore subject.

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me