Re: 10.9 planning

Hey folks,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 02:36:47PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:33:15PM +0000, Adam Barratt wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>It's that time again, when we should look at organising the next point
>>release.
>>
>>Please could you confirm your availability, and any preferences, for
>>the following:
>>
>>- March 27th
>>- April 3rd
>>- April 10th
>>
>>I'd prefer to avoid April 10th if possible, for slightly selfish
>>reasons. :-)
>
>Any of those are possible, but I'#d much prefer the 27th if
>possible. The 3rd is Easter weekend, and I do have tentative plans.

AAARGH.

Houston, we have a problem. I know that you've announced the 27th for
the point release, but we're not going to have a new shim ready for
then.

We've been hard at work testing and fixing things for the last couple
of weeks, but it's been slow going.  We've *just* had a 15.3-rc3
release candidate published last night. Even if that all looks OK and
we don't find any more bugs in testing (fingers crossed!), we're not
going to have a proper 15.3 release ready to go for
review/testing/signing in time for it to make it into a buster point
release next weekend.

Sorry. :-(

Is there anybody out there?