Re: Joliet name length in amd64 netinst versus DVD-2

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 10:48:06AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Fixing it right now, thanks for the clear report!
>
>I did not want to open a bug without knowing more background.

>As you are in fixing mode, could you please look whether
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887830
>  "debian-cd: *.jigdo files should be listed in the *SUMS files"
>
>could be solved, too ?
>
>The charm of this problem is that a fix is very unlikely to disturb
>any other part of the download and installation procedure. Testing
>would be straight forward.

ACK, it's a fairly simple fix to the debian-cd setup. I've pushed the
changes and if you check today's daily/weekly builds you'll see that
the jigdo and template files are listed in the checksums files too!

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll