syslinux: sponsor wanted (Re: syslinux progress & reviews)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:48:59 +0100
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> >I'd be happy if someone took the time to review the changes I made so
> >far in git:
> >    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-cd/syslinux.git
> >(...)
>
> All looks sane enough so far!

Thanks for taking the time to look through the changes.  I have tested
a few different cases for BIOS boot without running into problems.

I've also started to think how I could automate a few tests.  While I
don't have an idea on how to check for regressions with old/broken
BIOS/EFI implementations, bugs like failing to boot from a specific
filesystem (e.g. BTRFS #865462 [1]) should be testable using qemu/kvm.

I've not gotten around to test EFI booting yet.  But since the existing
package uses pre-compiled binary code, which is to my understanding a
policy violation, it needs updating anyways.  I will start testing boot
with EFI soon…

I think the version in git is ready for an upload to unstable.  If
you'd rather target experimental instead until I've tested EFI boot,
feel free to change it.  I'd appreciate if someone sponsored this
upload.

Thanks & have a good point release
Lukas

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/865462