Re: Installation of Debian-Testing-AMD64, DVD and Netinst, Fails on ASUS Eeepc 1215B

Hello Stefano:

Today I tried to install from:

/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/20140610-7/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

It gives the same result as the 5-30-2014 and 6-9-2014 weekly builds. Installer proceeds as expected until "Detecting Network Hardware", where the progress bar completes very quickly and goes away, leaving the normal blue screen with white bar at the bottom, and no further execution of the installer.

I tried Control-C. The screen goes black for a very short time, then returns to the normal blue screen with white bar at bottom, then the "Detecting Network Hardware" progress bar appears again for a very short time, followed blue screen with white bar at bottom, and no further execution of the installer.

My Eee PC 1215b laptop computer uses a 10/100 Ethernet Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20). Is that currently supported?

My computer also uses AMD® Radeon HD 6250/AMD® Radeon HD 6310 graphics. Some Debian Squeeze distributions did not work well with the graphics. Wheezy works very well with the graphics. Is that currently supported in Jessie?

Please excuse my ignorance. How can I escape from the installer to a prompt where I can collect the installer log with lspci -vv ?

Thank you for helping.

--Marc