Re: Installation of Debian-Testing-AMD64, DVD and Netinst, Fails on ASUS Eeepc 1215B

at bottom :-

On 6/11/14, Marc Hurst <marc.hurst@independentgeo.com> wrote:
> Hello Stefano:
>
> Today I tried to install from:
>
> /cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/20140610-7/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
>
> It gives the same result as the 5-30-2014 and 6-9-2014 weekly builds.
> Installer proceeds as expected until "Detecting Network Hardware", where
> the progress bar completes very quickly and goes away, leaving the
> normal blue screen with white bar at the bottom, and no further
> execution of the installer.
>
> I tried Control-C. The screen goes black for a very short time, then
> returns to the normal blue screen with white bar at bottom, then the
> "Detecting Network Hardware" progress bar appears again for a very short
> time, followed blue screen with white bar at bottom, and no further
> execution of the installer.
>
> My Eee PC 1215b laptop computer uses a 10/100 Ethernet Atheros
> AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20). Is that
> currently supported?
>
> My computer also uses AMD® Radeon HD 6250/AMD® Radeon HD 6310 graphics.
> Some Debian Squeeze distributions did not work well with the graphics.
> Wheezy works very well with the graphics. Is that currently supported in
> Jessie?
>
> Please excuse my ignorance. How can I escape from the installer to a
> prompt where I can  collect the installer log with lspci -vv ?
>
> Thank you for helping.
>
> --Marc

Dear Marc,
While it has been sometime since I played with an installer CD, as far
as I remember the way to do it was to do CTRL+ALT+Fnx (between 1-3) .

After that see https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/AsSshClient and
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s04.html

--
          Regards,