Re: ia64_iso

[ re-adding CCs to the lists for the benefit of others ]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 05:00:15PM -0400, H. Calvin Thompson wrote:
>On 4/13/2012 3:07 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>You wrote:
>>>There is an error in the ia64.iso that does not allow the boot package
>>>to be burned to a disc.  All other iso's work fine.
>>Hi,
>>
>>Some more information would be helpful for us to follow up on this:
>>
>>  * what error are you seeing, exactly?
>>  * exactly which ISO?
>>
>This is the iso with the problem:
>
>debian-6.0.4-ia64-netinst.iso
>
>I have downloaded it 4 times and have burned it to a disc.  When I
>verify the disc with my  burning software, it states that there is an
>error.  When I try to boot from the disc, nothing happens.  I have
>downloaded all of the other small cd isos, burned them, and have had
>no errors, nor have I had problems with booting from them.

OK. What type of machine are you trying to boot this on? I'm
guessing you're seeing the problem from http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd
(paragraph 2)...

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.