Re: The intro paragraph for daily-builds directory is out of date.

On Apr 9, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
But now that you mention it, I should go back and see if I can find anything else that might improve the "user experience".

Quoting from <http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/>
These images are produced regularly, normally twice daily but this may change from time to time. There are multiple CDs built in each run:

"etch" businesscard for each arch except s390 (small image, no packages - just contains d-i) "etch" netinst for each arch except s390 (slightly larger image, d- i and the base system only)
"sid" businesscard (as above)
"sid" netinst (as above)
The "lenny" and "sid" versions determine the version of d-i used in each case. "lenny" uses the last known-good d-i image from the archive (aka lenny beta 1 at the moment). "sid" uses the latest build from the porters for each architecture.

Shouldn't the two "etch" references be "lenny" instead?

I suspect that's the best we can do short of rewriting it entirely to be completely "timeless" -- which I don't think would be a good idea. It would inevitably entail loss of "timely" information that really has no other logical place to go.

Thanks!

Rick