The intro paragraph for daily-builds directory is out of date.

The introductory paragraph from

	http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/

is badly out of date. It claims to have been last updated in January 2007 (over a year ago). There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then. What first caught my eye was reference to "etch-RC1", but when I looked I found other problems as well.

Rick

======================================

Daily build

Daily build status

Things should be running normally now until we produce d-i RC2 for etch, then the etch release.

Last updated: 16th January 2007

What are the daily builds?

These images are produced regularly, normally twice daily but this may change from time to time. There are multiple CDs built in each run:

"etch" businesscard for each arch except s390 (small image, no packages - just contains d-i) "etch" netinst for each arch except s390 (slightly larger image, d-i and the base system only)
"sid" businesscard (as above)
"sid" netinst (as above)
The "etch" and "sid" versions determine the version of d-i used in each case. "etch" uses the last known-good d-i image from the archive (aka etch RC1 at the moment). "sid" uses the latest build from the porters for each architecture.

The "daily", "daily.new" and "daily.old" links below are just symlinks to etch_d-i and sid_d-i as appropriate (for convenience). Within each directory, you'll find the last 6 builds labelled by date and build number within that day. There are more symlinks provided too: "current" points to the last build that was done; "arch-latest" points to the last successful CD build for each architecture. (NOTE: that's not a guarantee that the CDs are useful, just that the build script did not fail!).

Bigger CD sets

If you're looking for more packages (e.g. full CD or DVD sets), then you're in the wrong place. Try the weekly build area instead.

Problems?

If you encounter any problems with these images, please check the Debian CDs FAQ. The most common complaint at the moment is about wrongly-sized or corrupt DVD ISO images, which is normally a bug in your http download program.