Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Jürgen Kertz wrote:

I fear I did nothing good with my comment here, and I hope all who felt offended by my words will forgive me. I've learned my lesson and will keep out of these discussions from now on.

Jürgen,

The lesson to take away from this is that Debian has lots of very strong personalities, many of whom have almost no social skills.

You did nothing wrong! Your point of view is just as valid as theirs, and your contribution to the discussion is just as valuable -- no matter what they may say.

If you stay out of the discussions to protect yourself, that's your choice. But if you want to make a contribution to the community effort, you must learn not to take personally the harsh words that those with lesser social skills may use in defending their own -- usually just as limited -- point of view, or in feeding their own -- usually child-like -- egos.

I learned long ago (I will be 62 years old next month) that people who find it easy to talk to computers often find it difficult to talk to their fellow human beings in a cvil tone of voice. They don't mean it as a personal attack, they just don't know any better.

Let me repeat my main point:

You did not do anything wrong. Your contribution to the discussion is valuable. I, for one, am glad you offered it and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Rick