Release notes availability in official Etch CD/DVDs? (and translations?)

Hi guys,

I would like to know if the Release Notes are currently being included in the
generated CDs and, if not, wether we want this to change for etch.

Right now, from a cursory glance at debian-cd's sources, it seems that
Release Notes are not included (OMIT_RELEASE_NOTES is defined for 'etch')
and, actually, debian-cd sets a location WWW for release notes
(http://www.debian.org/releases/$CODENAME/release-notes-$arch.tar.gz) and
a location at the mirrors ($(MIRROR)/debian/dists/$CODENAME/main/Release)
which are NOT currently available.

It is my impression that (based on master's logs [1] and some local tests
that):

- the latest versions of the release notes are being published at
  www.debian.org
- these versions are not being published using Master's DDP CVS task, but
  some other task (which one?), actually the DDP CVS main Makefile does not
  include the releas enotes
- no tar.gz files are being provided
- local build of PDF files does not work (at least for Japapenese)

Last time this was discussed [2], Frans and Steve worked on getting the
Release Notes on the first CDs (english+translations) and managed to do that
for Sarge, what is the current status? And, what's more important, what do we
need to coordinate and have Release Notes available in Etch's CDs DVDs?

Notice that the answer impacts deadlines we might give to translators. If
they have to have their translations ready for the DVDs ISO generation we
have to sync all tasks (RN editing, translation and DVD bulds) for the
release.

Regards

Javier

[1] http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/ddp/make.log