Re: Aaargh - Jigdo MISSING FILES for Etch Weekly Build DVD #3

In article <[🔎] 20070211183346.GA22122@vilya>, richard@2007.atterer.net says...
>That /might/ work, but the easiest way IMHO is to download the file
>yourself and to put it in the temporary directory created by jigdo. Jigdo
>will find it there by itself.

Ahh, didn't know I could do that.  Added to my list.

>Actually, the mechanism of an alternate source tends to work quite well,
>but in the case of the images you're trying to download, the problem is
>that the images change every week.

I see.  I guess the newer stuff is so fresh it really hasn't had a chance to
replicate to all the mirrors.  The older stuff is probably everywhere.

>BTW, *please* do not enter snapshot.debian.net as your primary Debian
>mirror from the beginning! Use your nearest mirror first and only switch
>there to get the remaining files. That server does not have the resources
>for the download of lots of DVD images...

No problem.  I understand the need to distribute the bandwidth all over.

Thanks again for your help!
Doug.