Re: Metalink mirrors

Subredu Manuel wrote:
we already had this discussion once. Have you ever tried to count the number of segmented downloads you have on your server ? The number is huge !!! With or without metalink people are still going to use segmented downloads. In our case (ftp.ro.debian.org | ftp.iasi.roedu.net) awstats reports (on 12/2006) that
 HTTP 206, 92.7% (> 6 milion hits) .
Do you really think that this huge number has been generated by metalinks ? :)

I do not see your point.

Are you telling me that, as many people are already using segmented downloads, I should not ask my server to be removed from metalink lists ?

François