Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 04:55:36PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> It seems likely I will soon be needing a Sarge installation CD with
> 2.6.12. This is because I will want to install Debian (AMD64 port) at work
> on a machine with two of the new dual core Opteron processors.
>
> Apparently 2.6.12 supports this architecture properly, while earlier
> versions of the kernel do not.
>
> So, I was wondering if anyone had made (or knew of) official or unofficial
> Sarge AMD64 installation cds with 2.6.12? If not, I guess I'll have to try
> rolling my own.

dual core opterons are supported by all kernels.
my quad dual core works on 2.6.5 and 2.6.11 out of the box.

dual core are exactly like dual cpu. the only 2.6.12 "support" is to show
them correctly in /proc/cpuinfo as part of the same die.

kernels < 2.6.12 will show each core as different cpus. no big deal.

--
Vincent Hanquez