Re: Single torrent package for download "sarge" ?

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:19:38PM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, David Balazic wrote:
> >Or a short list on the web page explaining which CD has what content, so
> >one could choose a certain subset.
>
> Yes, I agree this would be most useful. I don't know how practical it
> would be though. Anyone in the image production that knows if this would
> be possible?

Extracting the list of files during the creation or from the .jigdo files
is pretty trivial, so this shouldn't be a problem. A more difficult
question is where on the web pages to put such lists.

I have a feeling that with the current huge number of image variants,
people who have never visited the Debian CD pages before can get lost
pretty quickly. :-/ It would be nice to have a form where people could
select any subset of the architectures, sizes
(business/netinst/CD/DVD/DL-DVD) and preferred download methods
(HTTP/FTP/rsync/jigdo/bt) and get a table of results...

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯