Re: Single torrent package for download "sarge" ?

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, David Balazic wrote:

Hi!

I am in the process of downloading the "sarge" CD images from
http://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
that links to http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/torrents/.

I am at CD 6 and now I get "rejected by tracker" errors. It seems a new set
of torrents was
uploaded and the old ones are not working any more.

Yes, this would be resonable since there was a new update yesterday.

So now I have a incomplete set of CD images.

Would it be possible to create a torrent for a package containing all the CD
images ?

This would probably not be a good idea since it would split all bittorrent users into two sets that don't share blocks between them. Besides, it is quite easy to do a bittorrent download on an entire directory of torrents.

Or a short list on the web page explaining which CD has what content, so one could choose a certain subset.

Yes, I agree this would be most useful. I don't know how practical it would be though. Anyone in the image production that knows if this would be possible? Otherwise, you generally can make it with just the first few CDs.

/Mattias Wadenstein