Re: Debian Sarge/testing cdimages

Hello,

about the unofficial CD images from Sarge/testing on
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/

I wonder why does people still use the ftp.fsn.hu testing images instead of
the official ones, I mean, they were of a big help for people upgrading to
testing in the past, but now that we have official images... do they still
make sense?

rsync....

jigdo is not bad, but you have to be quick after the jigdo release otherwise there is a change that files have been replaced by newer versions, resulting in:

Too many files (68 out of 72) are missing
- I will not try to retrieve the remaining files from any
alternative download locations

Aaargh - 68 files could not be downloaded. This should not
happen! Depending on the problem, it may help to retry downloading
the missing files.
Also, you could try changing to another Debian or Non-US server,
in case the one you used is out of sync.

and you can not get an working image. If there is a rsync server it would fix the problem.
Or jigdo files that are generated daily.