Re: debian-cd questions [Was: Re: Debian-cd 2.2.16 uploaded, any co-maintainers ?]

Le Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:12:50AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow écrivait:
> I need different kernel images (building them atm), different
> ramdisks (those debix will build via debix-imager), and the normal
> ramdisk or a full live filesystem as loopback file on the CD.
>
> I hope I can use debian-cd to create the actual CDs and make them
> bootabel. I would hate to do the bootloader stuff for alpha, mips,
> .... all over again.

Sure, beware however that not all arch are able to provide a choice for
the kernel to use at boot time ...

> Is there some documentation about intelligent hooks in the cvs?

Not really, the only doc available is what's in README (and README.devel).
It's rather terse about the hooks but well UTSL. :-)

> By the way, does debian-cd need root to build the ramdisk or is that
> provided as image by boot-floppies/D-I? Can't rememer.

Provided by d-i. I always tried to avoid root requirement. It may be
that sparc building needs root right (in order loop-munt a file and edit
it IIRC).

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org