Re: Debian-cd 2.2.16 uploaded, any co-maintainers ?

bernd@ixsoft.de writes:

> Hello Raphael
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I finally uploaded debian-cd 2.2.16 to unstable. But I've been way too
> > long in doing that and that reminds me that I really should find some
> > co-maintainers in order to avoid such delays in the future.
> >
> > So, are there any volunteers ?
>
> What exactly are the tasks of a co-maintainer and how much time will this
> consume ?
>
> > The package is not in a bad shape (there's only one wishlist bug open)
> > but from time to time it requires immediate attention to adapt it to a
> > new set of files provided by the debian-boot team for example...

Is there any debian-installer support yet?

Did you notice me developing and packaging debix and as a sub package
debix-imager.  Debix-imager handles the part of boot-floppy and
ramdisk creation that needs root. I intend to do build D-I CDs with
debix as one option which might mean forking debian-cd or copying the
support for it from debian-cd.

> Hmm, so maintaining debian-cd will require in-depth knowledge about
> debian-boot for all 16 (17) architectures ?

Which noone has. Its more likely adding patches from various people
doing work on different archs and from debian-boot. Or even more
likely pestering debian-<arch> so someone volunteres to test and fix
problems that arise.

MfG
        Goswin