debian-cd questions [Was: Re: Debian-cd 2.2.16 uploaded, any co-maintainers ?]

> > Is there any debian-installer support yet?
>
> Sure there is ! How do you think we build the d-i test images ?

By hand last I heard, which was for the LinuxTag. Buts that was probably
D-I's fault and not debian-cd's.

> > Did you notice me developing and packaging debix and as a sub
> > package debix-imager.  Debix-imager handles the part of
> > boot-floppy and ramdisk creation that needs root. I intend to do
> > build D-I CDs with debix as one option which might mean forking
> > debian-cd or copying the support for it from debian-cd.
>
> What about depending on it and using it ? debian-cd is modular
> enough to be able to do whatever you need provided that you write
> some intelligent hooks ...

I need different kernel images (building them atm), different
ramdisks (those debix will build via debix-imager), and the normal
ramdisk or a full live filesystem as loopback file on the CD.

I hope I can use debian-cd to create the actual CDs and make them
bootabel. I would hate to do the bootloader stuff for alpha, mips,
.... all over again.

Is there some documentation about intelligent hooks in the cvs?

By the way, does debian-cd need root to build the ramdisk or is that
provided as image by boot-floppies/D-I? Can't rememer.

MfG
        Goswin