Re: Debian-cd 2.2.16 uploaded, any co-maintainers ?

Le Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:05:16PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow écrivait:
> > > The package is not in a bad shape (there's only one wishlist bug open)
> > > but from time to time it requires immediate attention to adapt it to a
> > > new set of files provided by the debian-boot team for example...
>
> Is there any debian-installer support yet?

Sure there is ! How do you think we build the d-i test images ?

> Did you notice me developing and packaging debix and as a sub package
> debix-imager.  Debix-imager handles the part of boot-floppy and
> ramdisk creation that needs root. I intend to do build D-I CDs with
> debix as one option which might mean forking debian-cd or copying the
> support for it from debian-cd.

What about depending on it and using it ? debian-cd is modular enough to
be able to do whatever you need provided that you write some intelligent
hooks ...

> doing work on different archs and from debian-boot. Or even more
> likely pestering debian-<arch> so someone volunteres to test and fix
> problems that arise.

Exactly.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org