Re: jigdo

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:58:45PM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:

>While we're on the subject, I've since realised that the thing that
>was taking most of the time when generating the images was jigdo,
>since a run using jigdo takes over 2 hours per CD on open, whereas
>just producing ISO images takes under 10 mins per CD (once you get
>into the production of CDs phase).
>
>Am I doing something wrong?  I don't remember jigdo slowing things
>down quite that badly.  Is this a symptom of our ever expanding
>package pool?

It's probably somewhere between the two, to be honest. In a measure of
how much faster things can go, sledge is doing iso and then jigdo
files every ~25-30 minutes once the layout stage is done. I have sparc
done (I believe - I'm waiting on Ben to respond to tell me if I wasted
all of last night), and I'm quickly testing the s390 jigdo files now
before I upload them to open. ppc coming soon.

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone