Re: jigdo

At Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:06:40 +0100,
Richard Atterer <richard@list03.atterer.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:52:19AM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> >   Assertion failed: oldAreaEnd == start
> >   You have found a bug in jigdo-file. The generated .template file is
> >   very likely broken! To help me find the bug, please rerun the
> >   command as follows:
> >     [previous-command] --report=noprogress --debug >log 2>&1
> >
> > so I'm now feeling a bit stupid.
>
> Um, jigdo CVS fixes two (IIRC) problems with this.
>
> One of these two fixes just disables this warning in a particular
> situation, so the message doesn't actually indicate that the file *is*
> broken. If "jigdo-file list-template" doesn't complain that the .template
> is broken, you've hit this (non-)problem.

Nah, it really is broken :-)

jigdo-file list-template barfs on the resulting templates.

This was with 0.6.9.  Is 0.7.0 likely to fix the problem (I've
installed that now) or do I need the CVS.

While we're on the subject, I've since realised that the thing that
was taking most of the time when generating the images was jigdo,
since a run using jigdo takes over 2 hours per CD on open, whereas
just producing ISO images takes under 10 mins per CD (once you get
into the production of CDs phase).

Am I doing something wrong?  I don't remember jigdo slowing things
down quite that badly.  Is this a symptom of our ever expanding
package pool?

Cheers, Phil.