Re: Unofficial woody i386 DVD .jigdo - please test

Hi Andrew,

On Friday, 11 July 2003 18:35, Andrew Elwell wrote:
> I don't have a DVD writer, but am looking for an easy way of getting a
> local LAN deb mirror. Would jigdo -> dvd -> loopback mount -> apache
> vhost be a suitable method?
>
> or is there a better way. (last time I tried rsync it timed out bigtime
> when generating the initial list)

I use apt-proxy and it works fine, so I only have to download deb packages
once and can use it on my local lan multiple times (by specifying the host
running apt-proxy on in /etc/apt/sources.list ...).
There is another apt-xxx tool which name I forgot (was it apt-move?) to feed
local apt-packages, you could use that to feed your deb-packages available
on CDs.
And I guess that you already know apt-cache to query the apt-cache?

Regards,
Klaus

--
Klaus Holler <gmx.at after kho4l@>