Re: About jigdo, pre12-14, etc

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 06:36:52PM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> Well, I suppose there is not much we can do about this, but I think
> that it is important to support mirrors of the .template files,
> otherwise, all the downloads of .template files, which are the big
> ones compared to the .jigdo ones, will go against the original site,
> unless the mirrors change the .jigdo files to point to themselves.

Hm, what do the others think?

If the final woody CDs use relative URLs, I'm going to have to remove
all references to jigdo-easy2win from the web pages, because I don't
want to see 1000 "it doesn't work" messages on this list when woody is
released.

Also, Debian users who have been tracking woody so far won't be able
to download the images with their installed jigdo-file packages,
they'll have to get a newer version.

> And one question to end... will jigdo-easy2win and any other ports
> of jigdo that don't support relative URLs be upgraded to support
> them?

I don't know - I don't want to do it myself.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _