Re: CD release announcement

OK, I'll implement the filtering.

The part about not providing rsyncable CDs 3-7 for non-i386 was the
last word from Phil H. about this, but that was before the decision to
move almost everything to raff. So... will we be offering rsync access
to all 88 images? In that case, a warning to the mirror admins about
the size is definitely necessary. :)

If this means that already existent mirror setups are going to fetch
53GB of data by default, there should also be instructions on how to
limit the CDs by filename. With rsync, e.g. "--include '*i386*'
--exclude '*-[3-9].*'" might be handy.

BTW, are my size estimates correct?

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 02:35:58PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> does this work if you point it at:
>
>   http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/
>
> ?
>
> If so, there's no problem (as long as I remember to update the
> symlink :-)

Ah, sure, that should work just fine!

Cheers,

  Richard