Re: Debian CDs for woody release

Le Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 02:23:50PM +0100, Philip Hands écrivait:
> On the CDs, there are a couple of architectures that I've not been
> having much luck with, but I've not had time to diagnose the reason why,
> so I'll have a look into it today before claiming there is an actual
> problem.

Check with Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty@debian.org>, he built images
for all architectures, iirc. When he had to make changes, he commited
them. So if you use latest CVS version, you should be able to create all
images.

> Also, there have been the suggestions about adding a few newbie friendly
> packages to those included on the first couple of CDs, preferably CD#1,
> presumably by adding them to tasks (as mentioned a few times by Mantas
> Kriauciunas).  I think this should be doable without to much greif, and
> would be a good thing, but I'm not sure who's responsibility it might be
> to decide to add things like that to tasks, or whatever.  Is this
> something that simply going to be delayed till 3.0_rev1, or is there any
> opportunity to fix this before release?

You're the one who builds the image, so it's up to you to modify the
tasks file if you feel that it's required. However i'm sure that there's
no perfect solution ... if you push more things on CD1, something else
will go out and someone else will be unhappy. As I understand it, all
the packages for all the tasks already take more than one CD so that I
wonder how we can do better for CD1.