Re: possible bug in jigdo 0.6.7 ?

Hello Luc,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 05:47:03PM +0200, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> It seems to me that two different files with the same name were not
> retrieved at the first attempts, and that jigdo tried to get them
> during the same pass when I restart the download.

Hm, but that should work fine, because...

> debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.23-2002-05-21/images-1.20/safe/rescue.bin
> debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.23-2002-05-21/images-1.44/safe/rescue.bin
>
> Since they share the same name, when wget attepmts to get the second
> file, it seems to get confused. I know wget is able to handle partial
> content if a file has already partially been downloaded,

...wget is *not* instructed by jigdo to resume any partial downloads,
precisely for the reason that in situations like above, things would
break.

Because the -c switch is not present, it will restart the download
every time, and never resume it. The first time, the file gets the
name rescue.bin, then rescue.bin.1, rescue.bin.2 etc.

Maybe you have set "continue = on" in your .wgetrc? Unfortunately,
wget has no --no-continue switch which I could use to override that
setting...

Cheers,

  Richard

--