Re: uh oh

Hello to all you folks who know more than me.

I used today's cvs
The mirror passed the mirror check real good.
I am using a ix86 machine to make a bootable sparc CD set.
ARCH=sparc
bootdir=/boot
(I have nothing sparc-like in there, this is an ix86 machine)
I am hoping that the archive has these sparc parts.
I am hoping that I can make a sparc bootable CD on an ix86 machine.

Here is a logfile:

Apt-get is updating his files ...
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Adding the required directories to the binary CDs ...
Generating the binary CD labels and their volume ids ...
Adding disks-sparc stuff ...
Adding the documentation (bin) ...
ch-basic_defs.html
ch-compat.html
ch-contributing.html
ch-customizing.html
ch-faqinfo.html
ch-ftparchives.html
ch-getting.html
ch-kernel.html
ch-nexttime.html
ch-pkg_basics.html
ch-pkgtools.html
ch-redistrib.html
ch-software.html
ch-support.html
ch-uptodate.html
footnotes.html
index.html
Adding install tools and documentation ...
Making the binary CDs bootable ...
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 1 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD1
/mnt/cvs/debian-cd/tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc: ar: command not found

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: ./boot/cd.b: Not found in archive
tar: ./boot/second.b: Not found in archive
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 2 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD2
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 3 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD3
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 4 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD4
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 5 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD5
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 6 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD6
Running tools/boot/woody/boot-sparc 7 /mnt/tmp/woody-sparc/CD7

and then it goes on to try mkisofs for the CD1
and then of course, it says "
Uh oh, I cant find the SILO bootblock!
make: *** [bin-images] Error 1
"
no cd.b, no second.b
silo stuff is not found.

Can a sparc bootable CD be made from an ix86 machine?

Cheers, Bill Bennet

"Where the only monopoly we support has a Boardwalk and a Baltic Avenue."