Re: Woody CD # 8 files are missing

On Jun 10, Robert Fu wrote:
> Web page
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pre-release-jigdo/i386/
> shows that files for Woody CD #8 are missing. It
> causes jigdo-easy2win failed everytime when I tried to
> download woody CD #8.

Dumb question of the week: what worthwhile software is actually on
Woody CD #8?  What sort of circus freak would actually want a CD
containing the most absolutely obscure software in Debian?

I've never quite understood the desire for completism that is
associated with Debian CD sets.  I mean, I'll gladly sell a CD
containing 300 iterations of "joe developer's vanity package" and
pocket the money, but the amateur psychologist in me is still curious
why anyone would want to buy it.  Do these people also collect daily
newspapers, nail clippings, etc?

Then again, maybe these people have been burned in the past by
$SHOVELWARE_DISTRO_OF_THE_WEEK's demotion of the GNU C Compiler to the
second CD in $SHOVELWARE[*].

Chris, hopefully not offending any circus freaks in the audience.

[*] Any similarity between the names "SHOVELWARE" and "Mandrake" is
strictly coincidental.
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765