Re: Announcing jigdo-easy 2.1 - please test

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of  jigdo-easy 2.1  for both
> Linux/*UX and Windows. Download it at:
>
>   http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/jigdo/

"(actually, any OS with C compiler)" - well, not all C compilers think
that -Wall is a correct switch, but that is easily fixed. Is there a good
way to set CFLAGS only if it isn't set?

> Since the official woody images will be available primarily (at least the
> first days/weeks) in jigdo format, we should make sure that the download tools
> are working properly. I'm quite confident that jigdo-easy/jigdo-port will do a
> fine job, but I'd still appreciate it if people (yes, that means you) could
> give it a try on as many systems as possible (which includes all available
> variants of M$Win). Please report your experiences to the debian-cd list, or
> to me privately.

Well, it kind of works with jigdo-mirror, it makes alot of progress (on
some .jigdo files from the pre-release set mentioned earlier). Then I get:
---
Checking file
`/export/ftp/mirror/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/z/zope-popyda/zope-popyda_2.0.7-1_all.deb'...
  Pasting...
  Done.
2002-04-14 16:39:24:     0 parts still missing from image
2002-04-14 16:39:24:     Image creation failed
---
for various values of "Checking file".

Which doesn't really tell me why it failed, but I guess something went
wrong. This might very well be the fault of jigdo-mirror though, I'll
probably have some time to look at it later this week unless someone else
figures out why.

Just jigdo-easy on a 2.2rev6 image worked fine though.

/Mattias Wadenstein