Re: Announcing jigdo-easy 2.1 - please test

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:26:06AM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> I'd highly appreciate it if you did not change the template format
> (again) until at least a month after Woody release. And when you do,
> please announce it properly -- and including a patch to jigdo-port
> (or -easy) would make me quite happy ;-)

I have no plans to make any more changes to the format. BTW, the
change was announced by me in the changelog for 0.6.3 on debian-cd, on
February 24:

| Hello all,
|
| I have just released Jigsaw Download 0.6.3. jigdo is a scheme which
| makes it possible to download Debian CD images from any regular Debian
| FTP mirror, instead of getting them from one of the fewer and slower
| CD image mirrors.
|
| What's new?
| ~~~~~~~~~~~
|   - jigdo-file make-template: Some loop unrolling, some other
|     optimizations, resulting in a speed increase of at least 30%!
|   - FORMAT CHANGE of template files: Template data now includes
|     RsyncSums - this will be useful in the future for aborting
|     downloads early and when upgrading images to newer versions. This
|     version still reads the old template format, but support for that
|     will be dropped before 1.0.0.

There will be a file format change for .jigdo files, but it will be
backwards-compatible - a "Template-MD5=..." line or similar in [Image]
sections.

Cheers,

  Richard

--