Re: vanilla as default or not

On 9 Apr 2002, Philip Hands wrote:

> Hmm, I think most vendors want to put their own labels on them, so that
> they get to point people to their web site, and so get to sell that
> customer, and their freinds, more CDs in future.
>
> > E.g.:
> >
> >    Debian 3.0, Intel x86
> >    CD number 2 of 5
> >    SCSI boot CD
> >
> > I agree that users don't usually read and generally just pop in CD#1
> > and try to boot it.
>
> Perhaps we just need a NOTES_FOR_DISTRIBUTORS file somewhere, with hints
> like this in it.

As a vendor I suspect that most people could be encouraged to buy the
first two CDs, but would be reluctant to get a 7-8 CD set.  So the we
would need to be careful about what images went on these two CDs.

For me labeling would be no problem.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz