Re: 2.2.2 test images

jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> On 10 Dec 2000, Philip Hands wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the report --- that proves I didn't make a total cock-up
> > of them, which probably means they're OK, so I'll release them.
> >
> > Expect the versioned links to appear in the very near future.
>
> hmm. time to start rsyncing for .au then :)
>
> will you be moving the images from the test area into a release
> area ?  and how many architectures will you be releaseing ?

I hard link them from the potato_test area to the versioned area.

What this means is that if you use the -H option to rsync, and mirror
both the versioned and the potato_test directories, you won't use any
more disk space, and rsync will stick the links in for you.

If you are starting from 2.2_r0 images, you want to make sure that the
potato_test images exist before you start on this, so that you
actually get to take advantage of the rsync speedup.

Note that the file extensions are .raw under the potato_test area.

Once you've got both links on the image, I can change the directory
names on the versioned directories, and rsync will do the same for
you, without redownloading the whole lot again.

I hope that makes sense -- I should probably write that up as a
debian-cd mirroring HOWTO or some such.

Cheers, Phil.