Re: pool

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Philip Charles wrote:

> Could someone tell me what the "pool" directory is about?  Is it necessary
> to mirror it?  I see that non-US has established it and it is obviously
> going to take a lot of disk space.

If you use rsync to mirror, you don't have to mirror pool/ if you use the
--copy-unsafe-links option. At least, that's possible as long as symlinks in
the "regular" tree exist (which I suppose will continue to be the case for
potato). In the future, pool/ is supposed to contain everything from stable to
unstable for all architectures, so mirroring specific portions of the archive
will get a bit harder. Also see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0011/msg01827.html

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer