Re: please reply soon

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Philip Charles wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Ryan Hurst wrote:
>
> > hello,
> > i was on your site the other day and i have been lookin all over the
> internet to find a program that i can use to burn dvd's if it is even
> possible? If so and this is the program i need please relpy back .....
> >
> >                                                       Sincerely, R. Hurst
> >

> There is nothing "off the shelf", but it is on my to-do list to
> investigate writing dvd's as I can see no insurmountable problems in
> doing this.  But first, get a dvd writer.

You can supposedly write a ISO9660 filesystem (or any filesystem really) to
DVD with cdrecord
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
(available for all major OSes)

If you want an UDF filesystem, check patches against 2.2 and 2.3 kernels at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/linux-udf/ (or maybe it's already included
in newer 2.3/2.4-test kernels). There should even be "DANGEROUS" write access
to UDF partitions/loop-mounts.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer