Re: pool

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> If you use rsync to mirror, you don't have to mirror pool/ if you use the
> --copy-unsafe-links option. At least, that's possible as long as symlinks in
> the "regular" tree exist (which I suppose will continue to be the case for
> potato). In the future, pool/ is supposed to contain everything from stable to
> unstable for all architectures, so mirroring specific portions of the archive
> will get a bit harder. Also see
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0011/msg01827.html

Thanks.  I will have to mirror ../pool long term.  A few more excludes in
lftp and rsync will fix any problems.

I am subscribed to debian-mirrors and nothing has come though there about
this. I will make a post there as there are five partial Debian mirrors in
NZ that I know of and they will need some info.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818