Re: new dependency

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Is anyone against adding a Depends: hfsutils?  I need it for making PPC cds
> bootable; the error if they are not present is easy to miss, and it's
> getting to be a FAQ.

I'd say a Recommend:, as only powerpc needs it and most people will be doing
only i386. IIRC policy says "if it doesn't work _at all_ then Depends:, if
some (less-used?) _parts_ don't work then Recommends:", but check it anyway.
Plus add a note to the description that you need hfsutils for powerpc images
(a la "need bin86 only for i386 kernels" in kernel-source)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer