Re: CD Generation

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Darlock wrote:

> Hi, I'm a newbie of Debian-CD-Burning and I'm trying to create my own set
> of cd's... my first step was to download the entire distribution from
> various ftp's, but now, when I try to create the pseudo-image I have a lot
> of warnings on files that currently can't be found on the ftp's cos' are
> updated to new versions, my question is:
>
> It's a pseudo-image-kit image ISO-compliant? It's bootable by itself?
> It seems to be no-bootable, but I don't know the answer to the first
> question...

If you ran rsync and checked the resulting md5sum, then the image is correct
and bootable. (Read the Kit's README for more info.)

> If the image it's not bootable, how can I create a bootable CD using the
> latests versions of the packages?

It is, but check http://cdimage.debian.org/ch32.html if you want to make
images yourself.

> It's planned to create a new Test-Cycle-3, or a new set of cd's using the
> latests packages? Or it'll be on a next release of Debian-2.2?

Test-Cycle-3 should be arriving soon (we're waiting for a few architectures'
boot floppies AFAIK).

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer