[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Updated non-free patch

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 12:27:50PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > 
> > > I'd prefer doing it myself since I may want to change some things. I'm a
> > > litlle concerned by changing this that late because if we change debian-cd
> > > that much we'll no longer be able to produce the same CD set that has been
> > > produced for test-cycle 1 & 2 (has they been already generated BTW ?)...
> > 
> > I don't think 2.2.15 boot-floppies are in yet, so CD's are probably
> > waiting for them. Is that true?
> True. From what I've heard some ARCHes are arriving in Incoming at
> this moment.
> However, we should not be building test-cycle-2 images on our own,
> but instead wait for the word from the Release Manager (Richard
> Braakman). So essentially that's the only thing we're really waiting
> for.

Actually, I've not been "waiting" for anything as such --- I was just
so knackered after the London Expo that I couldn't face sitting in
front of a computer over the weekend, and I've been too busy since to
look at doing any images.

Reading this, it seems that I would have been jumping the gun anyway,
so my laziness pays off yet again <grin>.

I should have chance to do something about this tomorrow morning for a
little while (probably only long enough to start a run resulting in
broken images ;-), and then be able to do a proper job in the evening,
so if people want to give me some hints about whether to grab the
latest debian-cd from CVS, or elsewhere, and which boot-floppies I
should wait for before I start the build, I'd appreciate it.

It would be nice if we could make the test-cycle-2 set be of the
overlapping US/non-US CD#1 variety if possible, but it depends how
urgently people want to get their hands on CD images, and I suppose it
also depends on how many more test cycles we're expecting.

I've got room to do more than one test-cycle-2 set, so I guess I could
do a USexportable set initially, and then try for a combined US/non-US
one after that.  Any thoughts?

Cheers, Phil.

Reply to: