Re: The first CD

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Philip Charles wrote:

> I have managed to get everything needed for initial installations onto the
> first CD, ie no swapping for standard installations.

Okay, this is interesting, but not complete. A major portion of getting
good CD swaps is upgrades as well. Due to the complex set of dependencies
you often need a *pair* of library packages (think libfoo and libfoo-dev,
libfoo1 and libfoo1g, etc, etc) to be installed at once. These pairs
really must be on the same disc, if at all possible. This does not really
effect new installs very much.

Jason