The first CD

I have managed to get everything needed for initial installations onto the
first CD, ie no swapping for standard installations.

I tested by doing a simple install of all the task-* packages and
following this up by letting dselect install what it considered
necessary, which is quite a lot. This means that the initial expert
install has also been covered.

The initial list was prepared by comparing the list generated by
dpkg --get-selections from a full potato system, and 1.packages from
the disc-tree build.  This does not get everything though.  I have called
the list 'needed'.  debian-cd/tasks/potato was modified to include needed
before popularity contest.  It works.

One file that needs to be on disc 1 is task-debian-devel.  This could well
be included in the in the main file.

The needed file.

********
base-config
build-essential
ccmalloc
chdrvfont
diffstat
electric-fence
fbset
fdutils
ftpg++
libgc5-dev
libghttp1
libltdl0
libltdl0-dev
libnet-telnet-perl
libtimedate-perl
mailtools
memprof
pump
stl-manual
task-debian-devel
xviddetect
********

Hope this helps.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818