RE: DVD?

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Terry Katz wrote:

> And what was said about the writing under linux .. it can't hurt to create
> the image in linux, and then burn it in win....

Well, I think there are still real bugs with mkudf/file creation, but
you could create the image on win as well. Most of the 'write support'
complaints are about not being able to mount a udf cd-rw/dvd-ram as
an rw filesystem, which is mostly a problem with the kernel cd-rom driver.
(and yes, there are patches for this, at least with dvd-ram)

I've not seen any reports on dvd-r success in linux either way, but I'd
imagine it behaves just like a cd-r drive.

 -r