Re: Thoughts on potato etc.

On 07-Nov-99 Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
>> * Some time ago, there was some discussion on this list about people
>>   willing to burn beta-CDs and mail them to beta-testers. This seems the
>>   right time to contact these people and have them stand by. And also to
>>   collect some list of addresses of beta-testers.
>
> I still have the list right here.  I'll give them a ping to make sure they
> are still all alive.  If I can get an idea of the number of cd's that are
> being offered, I might also try to round up some more volunteers.  I'd
> prefer to send the actual addresses off-list.

I beleive I volunteered to burn some, for US addresses. I think I mentioned
I would burn a "handfull" if someone (Brandon) came up with mailing addresses
for people who would "REALLY" test them.

Now that it looks like the Freeze will be pushed off to Jan or so, to wait
for a better version of the boot-disks, perhaps we can now decide who burns,
and who tests...

Not to mention who will make the images on cdimage.d.o.
(Phillip Hands...???)  And if so, Phill, can we who burn, have direct rsync
access accounts on cdimage.d.o?

---
Jim Westveer <jwest@debian.org>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
  "Free Radicals suspected, processing terminated".
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 07-Nov-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 16:21:16
Random number = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04