RE: DVD?

I believe we had a brief discussion about this on debian-devel ... ( if I
recall correctly ) ..

What it basically comes down to, is first, dvd-r's are expensive for the
public ($5400), but not as you say for having someone burn in mass, but ..
DVD drives are not 'standard' devices as of yet .. (if you look at the
majority of the public, CDROM's are still the standard large storage medium
in use).

Its a good idea, but not for right now .. perhaps in a year or so DVD roms
will become the 'standard' device, but as of yet, they are not .. (perhaps
even this holiday season they could become a popular gift, who knows...)

-Terry