RE: DVD?

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Terry Katz wrote:

> What it basically comes down to, is first, dvd-r's are expensive for the
> public ($5400), but not as you say for having someone burn in mass, but ..
> DVD drives are not 'standard' devices as of yet .. (if you look at the
> majority of the public, CDROM's are still the standard large storage medium
> in use).

However, that is not a good reason to not provide DVD's for the people who
do have them. Making Debian available in DVD's now gives us valuable
experience for when they do become standard and will still benifit a
number of people.

I'm not suggesting DVD be the only way we distribute, just an option. For
a long time now multi-CD games have been coming with 4-5CD's and 1 DVD,
partially it seeds the market for drives, and it really only costs the
vendor 0.70$ !

Jason