Re: debian-cd / potato musings

On 6/29/99, 9:48:32 AM, Shurik Dovnar
<Shurik.Dovnar@p1.f78.n450.z2.fidonet.org> wrote regarding Re: debian-cd
/ potato musings:

>       Hey, jwest !

>  jw> To reduce the number of dependency errors from 242 , one can add
the
>  jw> below list to the useful file in debian-cd.
>  >> Why don't you use slink_cd to do such thing? I made some changes in
it
>  >> and in 2 hours i had .raw files, even bootable etc.

>  j> Yea, debian-cd is pretty much the same thing as slink_cd.
> yeah, but slink_cd is much more smart.

OOPS, the HAMM scripts were called debian-cd also....

I was referring to the slink-cd scripts modified by
Jens Ritter - they are also called debian-cd .

They work against slink or potato.  You can grab them
from cvs thusly:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot login
(press enter at password prompt)
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot checkout \
debian-cd
$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot logout

This will create a directory in your pwd called debian-cd .. and
these are the scripts I was refering to....sorry for the confusion.
Jens did a great job of modifying the scripts to be release
independent.

> I don't have good internet access. So i'm sending you changed (so now
it is
> potato_cd ;))) version by email.

Thanks !!! I will take a look at em...!!

--

Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>

I get to work, flick the excuse page over.
"ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION FROM SATTELLITE DEBRIS".
Fair enough, it looks like it's going to be a good day.
Jim Westveer                      LAN Comp Systems
jwest@netnw.com                   14524 Issaquah-Hobart Rd
425-392-0141 voice                Issaquah, WA 98027 USA
425-557-0660 fax                  lcs.issaquah.wa.us
Fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04